Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 10 th, 2018 at the Ponderosa Clubhouse
Board Members Attending:
- Ken Paauw – President
- Mike Chamness – Vice President
- Kevin Weishaar - Treasurer
- Louis Kimmel – Director Of Operations
- Tim Abel - Secretary
- Paul Clark – Association Manager
General Members Attending: 4
8:02 a.m. Approval of Prior Board Meeting Minutes – All approved.
8:05 a.m. Treasurer’s Report – Budget has now been completely transferred into Quick Books. Everything is finally accounted for and there are no more hidden figures. All approved the Treasurer’s report.
8:10 a.m. OLD BUSINESS
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- WATERSHED COMMITTEE – Doug Pendleton was present and reported that the focus of the Committee this year will be on Firewise, reminding members to get the free smoke detectors and blue address signs from the Fire Department and announcing there will be another fuels-reduction program offered in May, occurring right after the Annual Members’ Meeting. He also updated the Board on the ongoing efforts to re-open the Camp 12 Road to the Chumstick as an alternative fire egress for members in case of wildfire. All parties involved seem to think this WILL happen this year. However, the road will remain gated for use only in the event of a wildfire.
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE – Report was turned in regarding the Valentine’s Day Trivia dessert potluck on Saturday, February 17 th 7-8:30 PM. Get a team together!
- BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS – New committee members
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT – Still getting organized but sounds like it’ll be worth the wait!
- NEW OMBUDSMAN – President Ken Paauw suggested we begin looking into filling this position as well as the upcoming Board vacancy.
8:25 a.m. NEW BUSINESS
- Lawsuit Settlement – Former Board President, Daryn Wilbur, presented the Board with the details of the amicable settlement.
- ASSOCIATION MANAGER REPORT
9:15 a.m. OPEN FLOOR
9:25 a.m. Adjourned to Executive Session – No Exec Sess.
9:35 a.m. Meeting Adjourned