Strategic Planning Committee
The Ponderosa board has approved a proposal to update the Ponderosa strategic plan and
has established a committee to propose changes to the existing plan. The goal of this
committee will be to identify strategies that will achieve our vision of what the Ponderosa
will look like in three to five years.
The following is the planning approach that has been approved by the board.
- Use the previous plan as a baseline from which to start
- Review and modify assumptions from the previous plan.
- Identify new relevant assumptions.
- Review and modify effects from the previous plan.
- Identify new relevant effects.
- Review and modify responses from the previous plan.
- Identify new relevant responses.
- Have few committee meetings, maybe one for kickoff, one midway through the planning
process, one to wrap up the plan.
- Conduct most of the planning on the Ponderosa web forum.
- Encourage the Ponderosa membership to participate in the process as much as they would like.
The responsibilities of the Ponderosa board relative to updating the strategic plan are:
approve the planning process (completed); create an ad hoc strategic planning committee
(completed); review, revise, and approve the recommended strategic plan; publicize the
approved plan to the membership. The board vice president will be the liaison with the
ad hoc committee.
The responsibilities of the Ad Hoc Strategic Planning Committee are: create a
recommended strategic plan using the approved planning process; attend ad hoc strategic
planning committee meetings; accept individual responsibility to research assigned
(volunteered based on skills/background) sections of the plan; and, produce the
recommended plan and present it to the board.
The Ponderosa membership at large can participate in the planning process providing
input and comments as desired using the Ponderosa web forum.
Members can sign up to become members of the committee by calling 509-763-0320 or
e-mailing PCCoffice@nwi.net. The initial meeting will be held in the clubhouse on
Saturday, September 22 at 1 PM.